The Company that was to become Galvin Engineering was formed in 1930 by Larry Duffy and Albert Gordan and was originally called Premier Engineering. In 1947, Roy Galvin bought out Albert Gordan's share, and soon after in 1953 son Jim Galvin joined the business. When Larry Duffy retired in 1967, he sold his share to Roy Galvin. The Company was incorporated in 1969 with Roy and his three sons, John, Jim and Tony all holding shares.
The firm was renamed Galvin Engineering Pty Ltd in 1971. During the 1970's Galvin Engineering bought out Henderson & Gribble and moved extensively into ferrous and non-ferrous castings. Roy Galvin passed away in 1984, and in 1985 Jim's son Paul Galvin, joined the company. John and Jim bought Tony's share in 1986, and purchased Roy's shares in 1987.
In keeping with the family tradition of providing quality products and service, in 1991 the company received certification to ISO 9001, and had continued to improve the company's production capabilities, safety systems and staff development
The year of 1992 was an exciting year of change. Roy Galvin's second son, Jim Galvin, and his two sons, Paul and Chris, acquired the total share holdings in the Company, and Chris joined the business. The Company also shifted into custom built premises in Malaga, incorporating an impressive and technologically advanced machine shop and foundry. In 1997, Jim retired and Paul & Chris acquired Jim's shares in the business, ensuring the Company will continue to surge forward for another generation with the Galvin family at the helm.
In 2001 a new staff initiative was launched called the Galvin Engineering Gain Share Plan. The plan entitles all eligible employees to a share of the Company's profits once certain targets have been met. We were proud to win the 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010 3rd Generation Category, and 2006 Best Family Business Employer Category of the WA FBA Family Business of the Year Awards.
Galvin Engineering has continued to expand into new markets, with the opening of a branch in NSW in 1997, a VIC branch in 2000, and a branch in QLD in 2005. More recently in 2012 the company was proud to receive ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification. Sales to export markets are also an important component of our growth with orders being won over the years in Hong Kong, New Zealand, Brunei, Bahrain, Singapore and Dubai.